What do you need to know about insuring a kit car?
Arkwright Insurance Brokers have a wide range of specialist cover schemes available for kit car and replica cars. We work with a large number of providers offering cover for all types of situations such as:-
- Young driver
- Classic cars
- High powered cars
- Kit cars
- Replica cars
We can cover any car you can build!!! As we have tailor made policies this would be an individualised for your car.
If you have bought a kit car as a hobby or to build we know the needs that the kit car owners have from an insurance policy point of view.
We can offer:-
- Build-Up Cover, if your kit car needs parts they would be fully protected from theft or mishap during assembly
- Agreed Valuations, this can be arranged during applications and depends the type of policy taken. Many insurers will pay it the market value of the kit car if it suffers a total loss. One must understand with a kit car is difficult to determine the value as kit cars are undervalued by non-specialist. When you call our office we can assess your car and agree cover for its true value at the time of insuring it.
- Goods in Transit cover; this covers the parts, tools and collecting the car from the manufacturers
- Multi-vehicle cover, many kit car or replica owners have more than one car we can cover all of your cars for a single low premium.
- Limited Mileage discounts – the fewer miles you drive, the more you can save, from as little as 1,500 miles.
- Track Day / Rally cover – can be arranged on application, depending on the policy taken.
- Owner’s Club Discounts – If you belong to a recognised owners club or enthusiasts’ forum, you will receive a discount of up to 15%, depending on the policy taken.