Non-Standard Home Insurance - Arkwright Insurance

Non-Standard Home Insurance

What is non-standard home insurance?


Many home owners don’t consider their house as a Non-Standard property, however they may find out when it comes to getting home insurance.  It can be quite hard to find affordable cover for homes that a Non-Standard nature.  This is where we can help get you the right policy an affordable price due having strong relations with panel of top level insurers who specialise in Non- Standard insurance. 


We can cover most of the Non-Standard risks such as:-


  • Subsidence
  • Floods
  • Unoccupied properties
  • Owners who have got previous convictions
  • Owners with adverse claims


How do I know what makes my home as a Non-Standard property:-


  • Timber or steel framed buildings
  • Subsidence
  • Criminal convictions
  • Thatched roof
  • Flat roof
  • Flood risk areas
  • Listed properties


If your home is a Non-Standard property, it is strongly possible you won’t be able to get a quote for a standard home insurance policy cover.


We can find a Non-Standard home insurance policy for the following types of homes:-


  • Homes undergoing renovation
  • Unoccupied homes
  • Homes with high net-worth value contents
  • Non-standard construction, including timber or steel-framed
  • Country homes
  • Barn conversions
  • Holiday homes
  • Properties with flat roofs
  • Listed or period properties
  • Properties affected by subsidence or flood
  • Let properties


We can also provide you with a quote to cover your home if you have a conviction, unclear claims history, or have been previously declined insurance.


We can cover the following with our Non-Standard Home insurance policy:-


  • Malicious
  • Riot and impact
  • Liability cover included as a standard for property owners
  • Damage caused by theft or even attempted theft
  • Public liability cover included as standard
  • Damage caused by escape of water or oil
  • Structural damage against landslip, subsidence or heave
  • Your buildings and/or contents against perils such as fire, earthquake or explosion