Motor fleet insurance and car fleet insurance policies are available are generally available for cars, vans, trucks, coaches etc. What type of policy and what type of motor to cover depends on the type of business and who the workers are such as electricians, builders, painters & decorators, roofers, and plumbers. All of these tradesmen require a good level of UK motor fleet insurance policy cover. If you are a business that is involved in multi-drops then you would need to take out courier van insurance together with courier insurance or courier fleet insurance if you have a fleet of vehicles used for as a career.
Business fleet insurance rates/premium for vehicles used for business operation can massively vary as we will discuss this in later paragraphs.Courier fleet insurance, courier insurance, car fleet insurance and motor fleet insurance enables the business to purchase coverage from one broker which can get you discounted rates. This type of policy can very flexible and can be used to insure 2 or more vehicles.
If your business runs two or more vehicles then you will find that motor fleet insurance can save you money and time on your premium. Arkwright Insurance provides cheap Fleet Insurance for Bolton, Birmingham, Buckingham, Chorley, London, Manchester, Preston, and Wigan.
Motor fleet insurance policy allows your business to buy an insurance policy that can cover all of the vehicles within the fleet in one single policy. This can make a difference when it comes to costs for insuring vehicles within a fleet as you can expect some form of discounts due to insuring vehicles in a bulk. Motor fleet insurance policy also has benefits of managing your insurance matters as it is only one policy to handle.
These types of policies are specifically tailored to be:
- Simple to understand and manage
- Easy to administer, as you don’t have to find pieces of information in too many places/documents
- All details in one place
- Cover for all numbers of vehicles e.g. tens, hundreds or even thousands.
Levels of Coverage Available
Generally, various levels of cover are available for a wide range of businesses such as public sector, private taxis, mini cabs, haulers, and couriers. Such business owners need to be aware that the according to the UK, all motor vehicles at the least have third party insurance cover, however additional coverage may be necessarily required so that vehicles are adequately covered and protected, and thus to protect the business from any associated liability.
Having mentioned about third party insurance as a minimum requirement by the UK law, some insurers may not provide third party insurance for a fleet and may only provide a comprehensive insurance coverage as a standard policy. Having, some insurers may offer third party insurance for vehicles that are not much used within the business such as construction vehicles. This could be a beneficial point for the business to keep the premium low, but insuring all vehicles with comprehensive cover will add a huge amount of protection to the vehicles.
Businesses need to know that there may be some exclusion:
- Theft by deception
- Mechanical breakdowns
- Motor fleet insurance
- Replacement of tires
The motor fleet policy differs from a standalone car policy in one or more ways such as a no-claims discount. This is due to maintaining large fleets, maintaining a 0 claims record is sometimes very low. Generally, insurers operate an alternative claims cost system that would work out the total cost of claims is tallied over a fixed period of time. The premium is also adjusted depending on the total value of claims. This would entail a lower total value earning a higher discount.
As a business that has a fleet of motor vehicles such as van, car, truck for daily operations and activities, you need to ensure that all of the vehicles in your motor fleet are adequately covered with the right level of cover.
Optional Extras & Special Coverage
Mainly, there are two types of special coverage available for motor vehicle fleets such as:
- Any business
- Specific or certain types of businesses only
There are various add-ons available for motor vehicle fleets to choose from and can include the following:
- If the business or company carry and or transport goods or equipment that are required by the company’s employees to out their work then the coverage would be required to be taken out certain type of insurance such as goods in transit, employee liability insurance etc
- Employee and public liability insurance could be taken out to protect the public employees and property, and also this would protect the business if there were to be any claims against the company due to any injuries as a result of an accident or any damage caused
- Some drivers may carry personal belongings and need to be protected and this is where the business can take out personal effects insurance that covers driver’s personal possessions
- Business who have who provide long distance transport service would require haulage insurance
- Trailer insurance is available for towing vehicles
- Horsebox insurance is available for those who normally tow horsebox attached to their car or van
- Legal expenses coverage can be useful in cases where a compensation claim might be made against a third party.
When insuring multiple vehicles – such as a fleet of luxury company cars or heavy-duty commercial vehicles – it makes financial sense for companies and business customers to ensure all their vehicles on a single fleet insurance policy. Grouping all a company’s vehicles under the same insurance policy ensure that a business will be able to take advantage of the most comprehensive protection available while enjoying the most affordable premiums.
Getting a quote for Motor Fleet Insurance
You need to have details of the size of the fleet, the uses of the motor vehicles in the fleet and also the frequency of the use of those vehicles within the fleet. The owner of the business needs to take into account that these facts will very likely influence the premium cost. The facts will determine the level of coverage and type of coverage needed, thus ensuring the business is only paying for coverage that it requires.
In cases where the fleet is considerably small, it would be essential for the owner to compare motor fleet insurance to individual motor insurance in the fleet. If the individual motor vehicle is entitled to a no claims bonus, then this may be actually a cheaper option to a motor fleet insurance.
Owners should consider the following points when comparing policies:
- Amount of excess
- Claims cost benefits
- Age requirements of the driver(s)
- Additional cover required
- Policy flexibility (important factor for larger fleets)
What do I need to need to know before insuring?
- Ensure the driver(s) does not have more than one occupation
- Ensure that the driver(s) has a full UK license
- Ensure that the driver(s) is entitled to driver in the UK legally
- Ensure that the driver(s) don’t have any medical conditions that must be disclosed to the DVLA
- Ensure that the driver(s) don’t have any motoring convictions unspent under the Rehabilitation of
Offenders Act e.g. theft, dishonesty, or fraud.
- Ensure that the driver(s) have not had insurance refused, canceled or voided or any special terms imposed by the insurance on any policy
- Vehicles are not registers as a Q plate
- Vehicles are owned by you and is registered in the Director’s name
Why Do I Need Commercial Motor Fleet Insurance UK?
If your business requires a fleet car insurance policy, Arkwright can provide an insurance package that protects your business vehicles against unforeseen circumstances and road accidents. Policies are available for all types of business and for all kinds of vehicle, such as cars, vans, trucks and special types of commercial vehicle. Commercial fleet insurance policies also offer a 24hr emergency helpline and recovery service, as well as covering you against third party death or injury.
Why Insure with Arkwright?
Over the years Arkwright Insurance Brokers have built up a strong working relationship with some of the UK’s top insurance providers meaning we can help secure you the best price possible for your business fleet insurance. We can also offer thorough and unbiased advice about your insurance policy, meaning you get the best value for money as well as the cheapest deal; working with an established company like Arkwright means you benefit from the knowledge of the experts.
We have special rates available immediately for the following motor fleet insurance:
- Company cars
- Couriers Heavy Goods Vehicles
- Taxis and Minicabs
Ensuring all of your vehicles under one policy ensures comprehensive cover and can help to simplify your administration by cutting back on red tape and paperwork. As experienced car insurance brokers, Arkwright can also help identify the best fleet vehicle insurance policy for your business and tailor the policy to you, for greater functionality and peace of mind.
Our insurance underwriters have an extensive knowledge of the motor fleet car insurance marketplace. This allows them to construct policies that address the varied and distinct needs of a multitude of industries, whether they are the corporate needs of taxis, distribution companies, roadside recovery agencies, home consultants or even wedding car drivers. The Arkwright team have the experience, connections, and knowledge to supply competitive, tailored quotes to meet the unique and distinct business needs of all our customers, whether that constitutes family fleet insurance.
Who Benefits Most From Fleet Insurance Cover?
Anyone can benefit. Fleet insurance is the most sensible type of policy for any company that routinely operate a large number of vehicles on the road. While some examples may be obvious, such as courier and delivery firms, or taxi and minibus businesses, there are many more; a sales office that provides company cars to its representatives, a local authority that transports children, even a firm of stylish interior designers that make regular house calls to ascertain the needs of their clients.
Get a Fleet Insurance Quote Online
For a tailored and competitive courier fleet insurance quote, call Arkwright insurance brokers today on 01204 392 525 or complete the form below for an online quote.