Motorhome & Campervan Insurance

Specialist insurance for home away from home

Regularly getting away for a break in the country or on a holiday park is a great way to relax. The last thing you’ll want to worry about is any problem that could affect your motor home or camper van.

With specialist insurance help from Arkwright, you can enjoy your time away with complete peace of mind that your home away from home is suitably covered.

Get a quote Retrieve a quote

About motor home & camper van insurance

  • Why do I need to insure my motor home?

    Just like with other vehicles on the road, motor homes, camper vans and similar vehicles need to abide by the rules and must have insurance policies in place to cover them. You insure your motor home just as you would insure any other vehicle, but there are several specific aspects you will need to think about to get the right level of cover that meets your needs.

    Not only will you be taking your motor home or camper van on the road, you’ll effectively be living out of it for a short time once it’s parked up at your destination. It’s likely you’ll be taking a lot of your belongings with you, as well as utilising items like bedding, cooking appliances and a television. It’s a good idea to make sure that you have suitable cover for these items along with your motor home cover.

    In some cases, portable possessions like clothing and camping equipment may be covered by your home contents insurance if you have it. You will need to check the policy wording of your contents cover or speak to your home insurance provider to make sure of this. For larger, built-in or integrated elements, you may want to pursue additional contents cover when using your motor home or camper van.

  • What levels of insurance are available?

    Motor homes, camper vans and other kinds of mobile home can all be covered by one of the three types of vehicle insurance: Third Party, Third Party Fire & Theft, or Fully Comprehensive.

    • Third Party cover is the minimum level of insurance you need for any vehicle to operate on UK roads. This simply provides cover for the cost of any damages or done to another party, their vehicle or their belongings if you end up in an accident. You won’t be able to make a claim for fixing any damage to your own motor home though.
    • Third Party Fire & Theft cover offers the same level of cover as above for damages to other motorists and their property. The fire and theft portion of this insurance type also covers you if your motor home or camper van is stolen or destroyed as the result of an accidental fire.
    • Fully Comprehensive cover provides complete cover for your motor home alongside cover for third parties too. If you end up in an accident that causes damage to your own vehicle or to somebody else’s, you’ll be able to make a claim regardless, even if you’re the one at fault. Comprehensive cover is typically the most expensive form of cover, but with it you get the peace of mind that you’ll be covered for virtually any issue that comes your way.

    You may also be able to get a policy that provides cover while you’re in certain other countries, both in the EU and beyond. Depending on your insurer, this could form part of the policy as standard or as an additional extra on your policy. If you plan on taking your motor home or camper van for a holiday abroad, make sure you’re aware whether your cover will apply, so you don’t end up facing any nasty surprises if things go wrong.

  • Tips for keeping your premiums low

    One of the key points for your motor home or camper van insurance will focus on how often you intend to use the vehicle. It’s likely that you’ll only use your motor home on certain occasions – perhaps only a couple of times a year – and without covering as many miles as you would in your everyday transport.

    Through a combination of limited mileage, built-up no claims bonus and fitted security devices, you can help to bring your premium price down. It can also be helpful to pay for the full year upfront if you can afford it. Not only does this mean you don’t need to worry about it again for the full year, you can avoid regular interest charges that typically come when paying in monthly instalments.

  • Choosing Arkwright for your specialist insurance

    At Arkwright Insurance Brokers, we deal with various insurers on our panel to find you the best possible quote for a policy that suits your exact needs. Whether you own a motor home, camper van or similar holiday home on wheels, we’re determined to find the perfect policy for you with the lowest premiums to suit your budget.

    Call our team on 01204 392 525 or click “Get a quote” today and let’s get started with exploring the available options and sourcing the right motor home or camper van insurance for you.

At Arkwright Insurance Brokers personal insurance service specific to you

Get a quote online, or call our helpful team

01204 392 525 Get a Quote Contact us

What Our Customers think

[select-review review_id='438']

Insuring with Arkwright

24/7 claims
phone line

Specialist insurance
tailored for you

First class
customer service